Gaining Community and a Love for Agriculture at Herbert: Alison Price

Share on

Alison Price of Morristown, Tennessee, is graduating from the Herbert College of Agriculture with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Education. After transferring to UT from a two-year school, Herbert’s family-like atmosphere made it easy for her to build a new community of friends and mentors.

How would you describe your experience in the Herbert College of Agriculture?

Herbert is definitely like a big family. It made the transfer from a two-year college so much easier. Through Herbert, I have met so many amazing friends and made mentors out of some amazing professors.

What was your favorite class and/or who is your favorite professor?

ALEC 150 with Dr. Molly West. It was an amazing opportunity for me to learn more about the land-grant universities in the United States.

What is one of your favorite memories during your time at UT?

Though it wasn’t at UT, my student teaching placement has probably been my favorite. Meeting all the students and getting to learn more about FFA has been life changing. Last month, I coached my first FFA competition, and though they didn’t place in 1st, it was amazing to see their progress and watch them shine.

How has being a Herbert student impacted your life?

It has given me so much. New friends, new mentors, and a new love for agriculture. Herbert is so supportive of their students, whether they are the most outgoing or more introverted. Herbert students are one of a kind, and I cannot wait to take some of the things I have learned into my new classroom.

What are your plans for after graduation?

After graduation I will be participating in the Tennessee Farm Bureau Ag in the Classroom internship. After completing the internship, I will be starting my position as the agriculture teacher at Eagleton College and Career Academy.